Time to share some of the pretties that have been catching my eye… and where better to start than with the timeless heart?
Above, clockwise from upper right:
- 3500 pounds of sculptured stainless steel, “Hanging Heart” by Jeff Koons fetched $23.6 million at its Sotheby’s auction. [via Dailbe Beads]
- The cheery yellow Folk Art Heart Love Scripture Painting is acrylic on 12″ x 12″ gallery-wrapped canvas, by Laura Brittain (whose birthday is this week, so her Etsy profile tells us — Happy birthday, Laura!)
- Tejae Floyde’s fun charms have stolen my heart — this trio is just a small sample of her wonderfully whimsical pieces, and I think you’ll be seeing a lot more of her work: “Heartfully crafted, Artfully yours”… (Forget everything you think you knew about polymer clay, by the way, and check out Tejae and others at the Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy!)
- Single-use petal soaps in the shape of hearts come from the sister team of Twin Dream Creations. I love the sophisticated arid-green of “Green with Envy,” but the more traditional rosy-pink heart soaps are also available. Perfect for guests or bridal, the soaps can be scented with your choice of fragrance or essential oils.
- Finally, a coffee-lover’s dream of an accessory to enhance the java ritual — this pewter coffee scoop, decorated with an ornate heart design, is found at Modern Artisans.
My thanks to HeartaDay: It was her own fascinating version of the popular “daily painting” project started me off on a hunt for lovely hearts.